Skilled Construction Litigation Assistance in Chicago, IL
Where an injury arises from employment in the construction industry, it is important to identify the sources that regulate a safe work place. To secure a favorable result, we consider a variety of potentially applicable laws, rules and regulations including:
- The Industry practices for the specific trade (e.g., carpenter, electrician, iron worker, pipefitter, etc.);
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act
- The American National Standards Institute
- The National Safety Council
- The General Contractor’s Association
- Union regulations
- Contract law and interpretation of contract language.
Schiff Gorman, LLC has many years of experience in representing injured workers and their families in construction litigation cases. Since these cases present complex issues which require a comprehensive knowledge both of the law and of industry practice and operations, success is not by accident but by thorough preparation. From the onset we:
- Assess the appropriate legal theories of liability which should be pursued;
- Identify the parties to be held accountable;
- Perform a thorough analysis of the available defenses that the other side can be expected to mount;
- Work closely with the most qualified consultants and experts; and
- Devote the necessary resources and personnel to thoroughly prosecute and win even the most complex construction litigation case.
We remain ever mindful that each case we have is personal for our clients. As your advocates, your case is personal for us as well. Often, our clients have had their lives totally changed by a work place accident. They need attorneys who will work aggressively in pursuit of the maximum recovery available under the law. If you have been injured while on the job, we can help you get justice. Contact us today.